Friday, April 17, 2009

Best day of my life. Basically.

So today I woke up at the leisurely hour of 9:30am. I peered outside of the Batcave and saw some absolutely disgusting weather outside. Batman, however, was somewhat optimistic about the snow report. He told me there were 7cms of fresh waiting up there to be skied. I saw rain. I dawdled. I missed out on some decent turns first thing in the morning, I think.

Batman and I headed up Blackcomb and ran into Jenn and Hojo on lap 1. I skied Diamond while the others had a delightful time skiing down Ruby. We lapped it again, this time Jenn and I skied one of our favorite chutes into Diamond. It was delicious, kinda like Diamond Shreddies probably are.

Unfortunately on the ski out Jenn hit a gap to flat (or something,) tweaked her back, and they had to head down. By that time, however, Batman and I had met up with the littlest Treadways and the owner of Biglines.com so we had a fantastic shred posse for the rest of the afternoon. Tessa and I got some tasty turns in Secret Chute and Purple Haze, and then it was time for lunch.

I enjoyed a yummy cod fajita. Cod, odd, I know. Next we headed up to catch the Horstman t-bar. All this time it was puking. Magically the clouds parted right as we arrived at the top, so we all headed over to Chainsaw Ridge to see what was waiting for us. There was maybe one track in the entire bowl. Tim pulled out his video camera and we dropped in- the snow was perfection. Since we couldn't go into the high alpine anymore, the day was finished off with some cafe cliffs to Jersey Cream lift line laps!

Erica and I went for sushi at the new restaurant at the Blackcomb base, and it was AWESOME. Then, all that blathering above is leading to this... we had a very quick photo shoot outside her house, cause that's what the cool kids do on Friday nights.



No comments: