Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Look mom, I joined a gang!

I got forced to miss Festivus in Whistler last weekend. Bummer, I know.

Instead, I got dragged up to Tofino (Canadian surfer's paradise) for the weekend. I had to be there for class on Monday and Tuesday, so my surfer friend Logan picked me up in his VW camper van and we hit the road. I'm not a surfer and only really like to be cold when I'm in my ski gear, so I stayed on dry land and shot for five days straight. It was fun. Tofino is cool. The swell was virtually nonexistant and I sadly don't have a 600mm telephoto lens:

Logan... action sucks but the colors are nice.


In our camping spot in Bella Pacifica Campground, we couldn't help but notice the amazing tunes going down at the camp just across from ours. We could hear a plethora of instruments and a song about Silence of the Lambs. Intrigued, and a bit creeped out, we headed across to introduce ourselves to these guys (and their friends.)

Eric and Mark. Members of Deathpedal the bicycle gang. Three nights of uproarious campfireage ensued.



Logan making the best of a bad situation



... and finally in class on Tuesday morning I had to shoot some tide pools at rosie bay. It was interesting I guess.


No comments: